Perform programming assignments including: creation of code for new development & maintenance of existing systems (public and internal) to address needs of the business organization by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform development according to local standards and industry best practices.
- Must possess a solid understanding of Open Source development model, Agile software development and standard programming practices
- Troubleshooting production issues with strong problem analysis skills and the ability to provide a written overview using diagramming tools, such as MS Visio
- Must be comfortable providing support and maintaining code written by others
- Apply a sense of urgency, entrepreneurship, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions
- Write/develop detailed testing scenarios and participate in peer and quality reviews of code and documentation
- Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing with the ability to develop comprehensive technical presentations. Code, test and troubleshoot programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technology to address needs of the business organization
- Write new program code using prescribed specifications and business requirements.
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users and approval of supervisor.
- Confer with users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs.
- Write and maintain programming documentation.
- Attends after hour production code deployment as required.
- Provide project completion time estimates as required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; and 3 to 5 years experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Development software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Standard design patterns and application architectures, including MVC
- Enterprise RDBMS, such as Informix, Oracle, MySQL, DB2, or Postgres
- Text Editors, such as VIM, Atom, Brackets, etc
- Code repository services, such as GitHub or BitBucket
- Full lifecycle documentation
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands, fingers to handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.